One of my favorite things during the holiday season is making Christmas crafts! This adorable and colorful Kid’s Grinch Christmas Craft is so simple and easy to make. It’s perfect for crafting with kids of all ages!
I love Christmas films, and How The Grinch Stole Christmas with Jim Carrey is probably in my top 5.
There are a few different Grinch movies based on the Dr. Seuss book, but that one is my favorite.
I watch it maybe twice during the month of December alone! Add it to your family movie night watchlist if you haven’t seen it.
The Grinch is my favorite character from the film. He’s pretty hilarious, so, of course, I had to come up with some fun Grinch crafts!
If you’re a fan of the Grinch too, then this fun craft will bring the movie to life. Make your own Grinch as a Christmas tree decoration, or sit him on the mantle!
Older kids will love this easy craft to make a Grinch garland and he can be made with simple craft supplies as well as upcycled alternatives.
Simply make a few of these Grinch cup faces and string them together. Or make a Grinch headband hat for your holiday party by gluing it to a spare headband with a hot glue gun!
- Supply List
- How To Make This Grinch Paper Cup Christmas Craft
- Top Tips for Kid's Grinch Christmas Craft
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Other Christmas Crafts you might like:
- Felt paper (red and green)
- Googly eyes – you can draw them free-hand with a black sharpie if you prefer.
- Green paint – acrylic paint will work fine. You can use a green felt pen if you don’t have paint to hand.
- Paint brush
- Glue – you’ll need a glue stick as well as a hot glue gun and glue for it.
- Fuzzy wires – aka pipe cleaners, use bright green ones for a good contrast with the green Grinch face.
- Cotton – use cotton balls that you can separate.
- Paper cup – Use a green-colored cup to save some time, or a toilet paper roll if you don’t have a cup!
How To Make This Grinch Paper Cup Christmas Craft
Step 1: Paint the cup green.
Paint the paper cup green to make the base of your Grinch face.
Make sure to cover the whole paper cup. Let it dry before jumping to the next step. If you’re already using a green cup, then skip this step.
Alternatively, you can use green paper to cover the cup and make it green.
Step 2: Make the mini Christmas hat.
Get the red felt paper and make his hat. Make a cone shape, attaching the biggest hole to the rim of the bottom of the cup. Then gather and bend the upper part of the red cone to form the hat shape. Design the hat by adding cotton at the bottom of the red felt paper hat, and also at the top of the hat.
Secure with a hot glue gun.
Step 3: Add the eyes.
Add the grinch’s googly eyes just below the cotton of the Christmas hat. Use a glue stick to secure them on.
Step 4: Make his nose and ears.
Make the Grinch’s nose and ears from the green felt paper. After cutting them out, attach them to the paper cup with a hot glue gun.
Step 5: Add his smile and fuzzy eyebrows.
Finish the grinch’s face by adding a smile and his mischievous fuzzy eyebrows using the fuzzy wires and a hot glue gun.
Finished Kid’s Grinch Christmas Craft
Here is my finished cute grinch craft complete with Grinch face and his Christmas hat!
I am going to make it into a Grinch Christmas ornament, I’ll either sit it on a branch that’s sticking up, or I can add some string to secure it onto a branch. Let me know how you used yours in the comments below!
Don’t forget to check out my top tips for this project below, as well as some frequently asked questions you might have been wondering about.
Top Tips for Kid’s Grinch Christmas Craft
- Be careful when using the scissor and the glue gun if you are doing this with small children.
- Put a large spill-proof mat or sheet over the table if you are working with kids and let them do as much of the project themselves as you can – they’ll have more fun and the sheet will be easily washed afterward!
- Get creative if you don’t have the exact materials – try pasta shapes for the mouth or draw your own grinch’s eyes on craft paper and stick them on.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use this Grinch face template to make just about any Grinch-themed crafts. Make a paper plate Grinch craft by using the face on a paper plate instead of a cup. For this, his Christmas hat will have to be flat and cut to shape. You can make a mini version of this Grinch face on a wooden spoon too! You can also add this face to green Jello cups for a kid’s Grinch party treat idea!
You can use super glue instead of a hot glue gun, but you may need to hold the items together that you are gluing, and the craft may take a bit longer. Children will need supervision when making this anyway, but I would not recommend children being near super glue when it is being used.
I hope you enjoyed this easy christmas craft, if you’re looking for more holiday craft ideas this christmas season, then check out these adorable Christmas Angels made from Upcycled Jewellery. These Christmas Cracker Ornaments are perfect for Christmas time, and they’re also a great way to use old pill bottles!
I love giving homemade gifts for Christmas. It’s the perfect way to give something heartfelt as well as use up some otherwise forgotten or discarded items!
These Personalized Crayons are so much fun to make, and they’re a great gift for toddlers. Have a look at my collection of DIY Christmas Crafts That They Won’t Know Are Handmade for even more ideas.
Printable Project Instructions
- Felt paper (red and green)
- Googly eyes
- Glue (for hot glue gun)
- Green acrylic paint
- Glue stick
- Fuzzy wires
- Cotton balls
- Paper cup
- Glue Gun
1. Paint the paper cup green. Make sure to cover the whole paper cup. Let it dry before jumping to the next step.
2. Get the red felt paper and make his hat. Make a cone shape, then bend the upper part round slightly. Design the hat by adding cotton at the bottom of the red felt paper and then at the top.
3. Add his eyes. Use a glue stick to add the googly eyes.
4. Make his nose and ears from the green felt paper. After cutting them, attach them to the paper cup in the appropriate places.
5. Finish him by adding a smile and his eyebrows using the fuzzy wires.
- Be careful when using the scissor and the glue gun if you are doing this with little kids!